Lead Gardener Postition
For us, there’s no better place to be than outdoors, with our hands in the dirt, the sun on our faces, working with plants. Wouldn’t you agree?
At Samantha’s Gardens, we don’t just want to landscape a home, we want to transform it into an environment our clients will love.
Samantha’s Gardens is a growing company based in Andover, MA. We service the Greater Boston area as well as parts of Southern New Hampshire. We’re looking to grow our landscape enhancements and maintenance crew. As a Lead Gardener, you will be responsible for training a garden apprentice and managing crews through the use of proper techniques in planting, pruning and fine gardening maintenance. You will work closely with account managers and other lead gardeners on property management and client requests.
Our team is what makes us who we are and we value our team like family. We work hard and play hard together. And we get to maintain some pretty awesome properties!
If you are looking for a place to apply your leadership skills and grow your career in the horticultural industry, and you’d like to work in an environment where attention to detail and quality are top priority, then this position could be right for you.
Why join Samantha’s Gardens?
- Competitive hourly pay, starting at $25.00 – $27.00/hour, paid bi-weekly
- Benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, and holiday pay
- Production bonus
- Company cookouts
- Opportunities to exercise your creativity
- Take part in our extra events: Cutting Garden, Flower Shows, Farmer’s Market and Holiday Shoppe
- Respectful of a healthy work-life balance
- Company-provided branded apparel
- Professional equipment and tools
- Tuition reimbursement for certifications and continuing education with bonus potential
- Opportunities for employees to grow their career within our company if they demonstrate a strong work ethic, employ creative thinking and manage time and projects efficiently and safely
- Transportation in company vehicles provided from our shop to job sites.
- Monday to Friday, up to 10-hour shifts (this can vary with overtime available in the peak season), starting between 6:00 and 7:00 am depending on the season. Workdays are finished when the team’s route is complete.
- Certain Saturdays during our peak season of spring and fall are mandatory.
Perform maintenance duties including:
- Training and managing Garden Apprentices, crew of gardeners, and equipment
- Loading and caring for tools, equipment and plant material
- Reading sets of plans and working with lead designer/architect on projects
- Relaying client communications with Account Managers
- Designing beautiful containers and annual displays
- Carrying out small enhancement projects, including garden renovations
- Planting and transplanting flowers, shrubs, and trees
- Pruning trees and shrubs
- Deadheading, pinching, and staking
- Practicing fine gardening techniques
- Cleaning properties of debris with rakes or blowers
- Keeping trucks and equipment clean and in working order
- Contributing to our safety culture by wearing assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Uphold the Samantha’s Gardens philosophy and values
- 4+ years of horticulture experience OR degree/certification in horticulture
- Be punctual and maintain a regular, dependable attendance record
- Willingness to learn
- Being respectful to team members
- Interact with clients and the public in a friendly and polite manner
- Availability to work varying hours which may include weekends and overtime
- Ability to perform physical work in various weather conditions
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license
- Pesticide license is preferred