Garden Apprentice Postition
For us, there’s no better place to be than outdoors, with our hands in the dirt, the sun on our faces, working with plants. Wouldn’t you agree?
At Samantha’s Gardens, we don’t just want to landscape a home, we want to transform it into an environment our clients will love.
Samantha’s Gardens is a growing company based in Andover, MA. We service the Greater Boston area as well as parts of Southern New Hampshire. We’re looking to grow our landscape enhancements and maintenance crew. As a Garden Apprentice, you will work side by side with a Lead Gardener to learn all of the proper techniques in planting, pruning and fine gardening maintenance.
Our team is what makes us who we are and we value our team like family. We work hard and play hard together. And we get to maintain some pretty awesome properties!
If you are looking for a place to jumpstart your career in the horticultural industry, and you’d like to work in an environment where attention to detail and quality are top priority, then this position could be right for you.
Why join Samantha’s Garden?
- Competitive hourly pay, starting at $18.00 – $20.00/hour, paid bi-weekly
- Benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, and holiday pay
- Production bonus
- Company cookouts
- Opportunities to exercise your creativity
- Take part in our extra events throughout the season: Cutting Garden, Flower Shows, local Farmers Markets, and our Holiday Shoppe
- Respectful of a healthy work-life balance
- Company-provided branded apparel
- Professional equipment and tools
- Tuition reimbursement for certifications and continuing education with bonus potential
- Opportunities for employees to grow their career within our company if they demonstrate a strong work ethic, employ creative thinking and manage time and projects efficiently and safely
- Transportation in company vehicles provided from our shop to job sites.
- Monday to Friday, up to 10-hour shifts (this can vary with overtime available in the peak season), starting between 6:00 and 7:00 am depending on the season. Workdays are finished when the team’s route is complete.
- Certain Saturdays during our peak season of spring and fall are mandatory.
Perform maintenance duties including:
- Loading and caring for tools, equipment and plant material
- Planting flowers, shrubs, and trees
- Pruning trees and shrubs
- Flower care including deadheading, pinching, and staking
- Learning and performing fine gardening techniques
- Planting beautiful containers and annual displays
- Cleaning properties of debris with rakes or blowers
- Keeping trucks and equipment clean and in working order
- Contributing to our safety culture by wearing assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Uphold the Samantha’s Gardens philosophy and values
- Be punctual and maintain a regular, dependable attendance record
- Willingness to learn
- Being respectful to team members
- Interact with clients and the public in a friendly and polite manner
- Availability to work varying hours which may include weekends and overtime
- Ability to perform physical work in various weather conditions
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license